Ethics at Work: Corporate Transparency in the Internet Age,
by Lynn Casey, Padilla Chair and CEO
Excerpted from Investor Relations Update, November 2008
Communicating with investors is an exacting business. The absence of timely and accurate information on a company's performance and future plans breeds uncertainty and volatility. We understand the importance of establishing clear expectations and avoiding surprises, and we use that knowledge to help our clients communicate effectively to current and potential investors.
Padilla Speer Beardsley's investor and corporate relations team is a market leader. Our experienced people provide strategic communications counsel to executives facing initial public offerings and to veterans of publicly held companies. With a presence on the street in New York, we're exceptionally well-versed in helping emerging public companies understand disclosure requirements and professionalize their communications to the investment community. That includes:
- Crafting public disclosures
- Developing an investor relations Web presence
- Broadening shareholder base via targeting
- Writing, designing and producing award-winning annual reports
- Developing investor presentations
- Managing road shows
- Implementing marketing programs to add analyst coverage
- Arranging significant media interviews
- Handling critical issues, including executive transition
We counsel approximately 20 publicly held clients and additional pre-IPO companies on crisis communications, M&A;, disclosure issues and marketing programs. Our full-service communications approach provides a wealth of in-house resources to provide one-stop shopping beyond investor relations, including opinion research, employee communications, marketing communications, creative services and online marketing communication.